Saturday 29 June 2013

Dino World


So as you may have seen we have already done digger land in the garden and as it got closer to summer those little plants at the edges kinda overtook so we turned it to dinoland but lil dude is going through a daft stage with bugs and those flowers attracted sooo many bugs. A rethink was in order!
Then I saw fun at home with kids dinosaur garden and inspiration hit she used blue gravel for a "water feature" and it looked so so amazing. I have to say have some serious green eyed monster of Asia's garden and home she has play areas that I could only dream of. If you get a chance take a look at her blog (but allow a couple of hours!) I loved the idea of adding a whole new level.
Well I'd already seen this volcano aquarium decoration and was itching to buy it but hadnt made up a reason yet (lil dude loves volcanoes almost as much as dinos) So here was the reason and also went to pick up the stones....they were nooooot cheap the blue ones came in a tiny bag and were expensive so rethink! I had brought some sea coloured marbles a while ago and not got round to using them as anything more than loose parts so improvised and used them instead and it looked pretty cool!

We have a gravelled edge to our patio which went perfect with the prehistoric theme also it is in clear vision to my kitchen window so I can wash up/make lunch while he plays and keep an eye on him.



Mr Pteranodon loves to perch on the old fence which adds a cool upper level to the area.


A few bigger rocks placed around the "lake" for the dinos to sunbathe on.


And the centre piece... a real volcano. Although it goes a bit against the natural play ideas I am leaning towards it adds a great dimension and lil dude loves filling it with stones and dinosaurs.



2 comments:

  1. What a super garden feature, I bet my little man would love it. Thank you for the inspiration, I think I will have to do something similar now in our garden. Just love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Galina its a firm favourite in our garden! The volcano was from pets at home I forgot to add. Hope you have as much fun as we did :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments I love reading them and will always reply!